Title Under Header

.

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Ramblings ~ Please Don't Ask Me

My ramblings... please don't ask me... actually this blog post is about how I got to know about this guy, 'John Farnham' and 'Please Don't Ask Me' is the title of the song he was singing. All I know... for now... is that this guy is really very funny, a well rounded entertainer and singer with a voice that has fantastic vocal agility. I'm going to find out more about him. He's a real good Pop-Tenor in my book.

This is really strange... how I sometimes find interesting songs and singers. I was searching for "Why is it difficult to wash oil or grease off plastic?" and I remembered 'Don't Ask Me' a program on TV answering this question and so... I decided to google for it. One thing lead to another and... well, here below are the links to this singer & song... and then... some... more.

===.
First... here're the Lyrics...

Please Don't Ask Me - John Farnham (Lyrics)

Please don't ask me, what am i thinking, It's about you
And please don't ask me, I never can see you, What can i do
My first impulse is to run to your side
My heart's not free, and so i must hide
Please don't ask me, What i'm gonna say to you

I toss and turn, can't sleep at night, It's worrying me, 
I go to bed, turn out the light, but your face i see
It only hurts, the more i pretend, that we could ever, be more than friends
Please don't ask me, Why I'm so in love with you

You could easily make me happy, that I know
But I try my best to never tell you so
I will sing to you my love songs, and pretend 
But I'll keep "my distance" (the secret) right down to the end

Please don't ask me why I'm not talking I just can't explain (no, no, no!)
And please don't ask me why I go walking out in the rain

I could not live the lie it would take
To have you here would be a mistake
Please don't ask me why I'm so in love with you
No please don't ask me

===.
This guy is really very funny and it's a very nice song as well.

John Farnham - Please Don't Ask Me - TV Talk Show Version

John Farnham talks about quitting smoking, he talks about "The Dragon" (his mother-in-law) and does an impromptu version of Please Don't Ask Me....funny stuff. A couple of tape flaws can be seen but pretty good quality.


===.
Lovely Duet with Dannielle Gaha

John Farnham - Please Don't Ask Me.mpg
Here is John Farnham singing his hit song 'Please Don't Ask Me' live from his Last Time Concert in 2003 with high quality audio. Enjoy!



===.
Here's one, a duet with my favourite singer, ONJ

Please Don't Ask Me - John Farnham & Olivia Newton John (1998)



===.
Please Don't Ask Me - John Farnham with Peter Jones on Acoustic Piano (1980)

===.
"Please Don't Ask Me" [Live] from the 'Classic Jack Live!' DVD



===.
His other songs

John Farnham - If You Leave Me Now

John Farnham - You'll Never Walk Alone - Live

===.
He's quite a funny guy and a good entertainer.

John Farnham - Angels LIVE 2000

===.

No comments: