Title Under Header

.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thou Hath No Power At All ~ Jesus (John 19:8-11)

~~~
Update ~ 2011 Mar 12, 1945hrs, Sat
.
I am doing it again this year but there's a slight change in the tune and the lyrics are more closer to the King James Version of the Bible. You can find it here.
.
~~~

In 1999 (12 years ago) I played Jesus in a musical called '' and below are lyrics to the dialog sung between Pontius Pilate & Jesus. Before this song I sang another song titled 'Help This Shepherd Be A Lamb' which can be also be found somewhere in this blog.
~~~.
Thou Hath No Power At All ~ Jesus (John 19:8-11) ~ Lyrics
(Disk 2, 26m41s-27m45s, Dur Approx 1m)

Pontius Pilate:
Where from art thou?

Narrator (Sung):
But Jesus gave him no answer.

Pontius Pilate:
Speakest thou not onto me? 
Knowest thou not, that I have power to crucify thee, 
And have power to release thee?

Jesus Christ:
Thou hath no power at all against me.
Except if it were been given thee from above, 
Therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

~~~.
KJV (King James Version)
[8] When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid; [9] And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer. [10] Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? [11] Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

~~~.

No comments: