Title Under Header

.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Help This Shepherd Be A Lamb ~ Jesus In The Garden

I played Jesus in 1999 and this was one of the songs I had to sing. I found singing it difficult emotionally because it must be difficult for Jesus to bear the sin of the whole world... especially so when he could have easily walked away and not do it.

I sang another song titled 'Thou Hath No Power At All' which can also be found in this blog.

~~~
Video ~ Help This Shepherd Be A Lamb - Jesus In the Garden
Hi Q ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wnQTzONcRo
Lo Q ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwTwNfvrUCM
~~~

~~~
Video Title: Help This Shepherd Be A Lamb ~ Jesus In The Garden
VCD Title: Pascha 1999 - Risen Christ Choir (Singapore)
Found on VCD @ 17m20s
~~~
Lyrics:
Help This Shepherd Be A Lamb 
~ Jesus In The Garden
.
I am here all alone… praying to you on my knees.
Not my will but your own… may this cup be taken from me.
Yet I know the time has come… the final sacrifice… your only son.
.
Help this shepherd be a lamb… the sacrifice, for mortal man
Help this shepherd be a lamb… that must be slain to bring life… once again.
.
How can I bear the sin of all? Father, will you intercede?
Must the sacrifice be me? Once again I hear my call?
I can feel the agony, the weight of all the sin that’s placed on me.
.
Help this shepherd be a lamb… the sacrifice, for mortal man
Help this shepherd be a lamb… that must be slain to bring life… once again.
Help this shepherd be a lamb...

No comments: