Title Under Header

.

Monday, February 21, 2011

BLOG Post ~ Primary 4 Maths Question

A friend of mine posted this maths question to me today.
This is the type of question 9 year olds are doing in schools.
They have to solve this without using Algebra (they've not learnt this yet).

~~~.
Minah is 18 yrs older than Aishah. 
In 6 yrs time, Miniah's age will be twice as much as Aishah.
What is Aishah's age now?
~~~.

Some of my friends couldn't get past reading the question over and over again.
Being out of school for so long, I took a long time to get the answer...
... I'd probably fail if there was a time limit.

I'll post the answer soon... Give Up?
Click here for the NON-Algebra Method
~~~.

2 comments:

Mahurien101 said...

Im guessing Nine?

Welcome said...

{Mahurien101} Sorry, that's not the answer.