Title Under Header

.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Ready, GO!

.
Ke Garisan! Sedia! BANG!



"Kalgarisan" was what I heard my Athletic Coach said to start a race. I didn't even know what language it was then.

He'll say...

Kalgarisan!
(actually 'Ke Garisan!' which means 'To The Line' or 'On Your Mark'

Sedia! (Ready!)

Then he'll blow his whistle for the runners to start.

I later found out that it was a Malay word. I asked a Malay friend of mine what it means. He told that firstly, I was saying it wrong. The proper word is 'Ke Garisan" which litereally means 'To The Line'. The English equivalent would be 'On Your Mark'. 'Sedia' means 'Ready'.

During an Official Sport Meet he'll use a Starting-Gun against a Black-Board instead of a whistle, so this explains the 'BANG' at the begining of this BLOG entry.

~~~
~~~

No comments: