Title Under Header

.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Vocal Coaching Skills So Far ~ by PGA

This was something I had wanted to share with a friend who had wanted me to help Vocal Coach the choir. I had drafted it in an email but I did not send it. She just passed away yesterday.

~~~.
My Vocal Coaching Skills So Far ~ by PGA

My only experience in vocal coaching is coaching myself. I had to actually teach myself to sing because I didn't have much of a range, I only had half an octave to begin with. Now I have more than 3 octaves to play with, although the last octave is still experimental. I couldn't read music, so I had to teach myself that. I had slight pitching problems so I had to work this too... luckily this wasn't so bad... just the accidentals. I had to teach myself because I didn't know anyone (at that time) who could teach me and the only person who tried to teach me, gave up on me... he was my father. After I managed to learn a lot by observation and reading up in the Library... I was so confidant in learning on my own that I felt I didn't need a teacher. Well, actually I did need people to teach me but I knew I didn't have to pay for it because my observation skills were quite good. I joined some choirs and listen to what these vocal coaches had to say. The thing that made sense to me, I use to improve... and the things that made little sense to me, I treasured them and hoped to one day... better understand them.

~~~.

No comments: