Title Under Header

.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Love This Is My Song ~ Music & Lyrics by Charlie Chaplin

Here's a little known fact... Charlie Chaplin is a composer with these 2 songs.

1 ~ "Smile", which he composed for his film, Modern Times, hit number 2 on the UK charts when sung by Nat King Cole in the 1950s. I've made an earlier entry with a sample video on this song. Click for more.

2 ~ "This Is My Song", written and composed by Chaplin for his film, A Countess from Hong Kong, hit number 1 on the UK charts when sung by Petula Clark in the 1967. Scroll down for a video sample of this song, right after this excerpt from Wikipedia.

~~~
Excerpt from Wikipedia

Charlie Chaplin ~ The Composer & Songwriter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Chaplin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Chaplin#Composer_and_songwriter
Chaplin wrote or co-wrote the scores and songs for many of his films. "Smile", which he composed for his film, Modern Times, hit number 2 on the UK charts when sung by Nat King Cole in the 1950s. It was also Michael Jackson's favourite song. "This Is My Song", written and composed by Chaplin for his film, A Countess from Hong Kong, hit number 1 on the UK charts when sung by Petula Clark in the 1960s. In 1973, Chaplin won the Oscar for Best Film Score for his film, Limelight. Chaplin was not the only member of his family with musical talent; his nephew, Spencer Dryden was the drummer for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted band, Jefferson Airplane.

~~~
Petula Clark ' This Is My Song' in Stereo


~~~
Love This Is My Song ~ Music & Lyrics by Charlie Chaplin
1966 ~ song written by Charlie Chaplin
1967 ~ Petula Clark's version reached #1 on the UK Top Fifty dated 18 Feb 1967
.
[V1]
Why is my heart so light, 
Why are the stars so bright, 
Why is the sky so blue, 
Since the hour I met you.

[V2]
Flowers are smiling bright, 
Smiling for our delight, 
Smiling so tenderly, 
For the world, you and me.

[V3]
I know why the world is smiling, 
Smiling so tenderly, 
It hears the same old story, 
Through all eternity.

[V4]
Love, this is my song, 
Here is a song, a serenade to you, 
The world cannot be wrong, 
If in this world there is you.

[V5]
I care not what the world may say, 
Without your love there is no day, 
So, love, this is my song 
Here is a song, a serenade to you.

(Instrumental interlude on [V4])
(Repeat [V5] to End)

~~~

No comments: