Title Under Header

.

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Orange Tapioca Ball Topped With Grated Coconut

~~~
Update: 2011 Jun 02, 1657rhs
.
This is called Getuk Ubi (Pounded Tapioca).
.
~~~
I just had this for desert today. I don't know what it's called by I'm describing this as... "Orange Tapioca Ball Topped With Grated Coconut". It's sweet with the taste of boiled tapioca. Any way... this is what it looked like.
.
~~~

.

.

I did a search on the internet and
the picture in the recipe below▼
is the closest to what I ate except that it's cube shaped
instead of the round one that I ate as shown above▲.
.
~~~
Getuk Ubi (Pounded Tapioca) Recipe
.
.

How to make Getuk Ubi (Pounded Tapioca)
.
Ingredients:
1) 1kg Tapioca
2) 1 cup Orange sugar
3) Salt to taste
.
Method:
1) Peel off tapioca's skin and wash cleaned.
2) Heat heavy pot and boil the tapioca until cooked.
3) Once, tapioca became soft, strain till dry.
4) Mixed with orange sugar and pounded until all turned to orange colour.
5) Cut cube and topping with grated coconut without skin.
6) Serve while hot.
.
Topping:
1 Whole coconut without skin.
Grate and add salt
Steam for 5 minutes.
.
~~~
.

No comments: