Title Under Header

.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Quote ~ Age & Experience

.
If we were to discuss 'Age Versus Experience' -- there'll be no conclusion, because both are important.
~ PGA (inspired by my current boss, who in turn, was inspired by President Ronald Reagan)

Don’t ask me my age & I won’t question your lack of experience.
~ inspired by President Ronald Reagan’s answer in a debate (shown below) by my present boss, 2009 Apr 07, Tuesday.

In a campaign debate on October 21, 1984, in Kansas City, Missouri, in front of 67 million TV viewers, between President Ronald Reagan and Former Vice President Walter F. Mondale, President Ronald Reagan took a perceived weakness and turning it into a strength.

Mondale's campaign had suggested Reagan was too old for the job. Instead of defending himself, whining about age discrimination or releasing medical reports, Reagan reframed the debate on his own terms, and with a big dash of humor:

…I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience. [Laughter and applause] If I still have time, I might add… …that it was Seneca or it was Cicero, I don't know which, that said, “If it was not for the elders correcting the mistakes of the young, there would be no state.”

No comments: