Title Under Header

.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Here's my Bedtime Story...

I was told a few years back that I've been known to grind my teeth (known as Bruxism or Teeth Grinding). As a result, I have already cracked a few of my molars but fortunately they weren't so bad and could be saved by doing Root Canals. After each bad experience, I told myself that I've got to go make a 'Dental Guard' to prevent further damage to my teeth and due to my procrastination I have yet to do it... hence, the cycle continues in loops. 
.
And talking about loops, last night was one hell of a night for me. My already traumatized molar (probably due to teeth-grinding) is subjected to further teeth-grinding as I fall asleep. I am not aware of the teeth-grinding but just as I fall asleep, I wake up with a sharp pain in my molar and it is probably due to teeth-grinding. I start praying... thinking of the pain Jesus & Mary had to endure... thinking that my pain is only a fraction of theirs. I'm in great pain... I gently massage my jaw with tears flowing down my face... I try to go back to sleep and this loop is repeated about 3 times. 
.
The 3rd time, I decided to take my prescribed pain-killer although it wasn't time yet and risking an overdose (I was desperate). I turned on my computer to surf and relax until the pain subsided. Feeling slightly better... I decided to try sleeping again. I woke up one more time (probably due to teeth-grinding... again) but the pain wasn't so bad and went back to sleep until morning. I woke up with no more pain. I can honestly say that I am so... NOT looking forward to tonight's bedtime story if it's repeated again.
.
~~~
Update: Sat, 2011 Jul 30, 0613hrs
.
This Bedtime Story is continued HERE.
.
~~~
.

No comments: